9/14/10

essay 2 topic

So we have to choose 2 different types of media that both convey the same message, then analyze them and decide which one conveys the message better and why, then of course support our decision. I have a few ideas. Idea 1) I am going to compare the movie "500 Days of Summer" with the song by Dave Matthews Band called "Stay or Leave." Idea 2) I am going to compare the MTV show "The Buried Life" with the song "Last Ones Standing" by Example. Idea 3) to be determined... Basically I know one of my media forms is definitely going to be a song, and the other will be a TV show or a movie. I just can't think of many TV shows or movies off the top of my head this moment. Maybe tonight ill look through my DVDs or flip through the TV channels to get some ideas flowing. Once i find a show/movie i would like to use, i can easily find a song to go with it that expresses the same theme or motif. The only difficulty I am having is once i think of a TV show, i immediately think of the theme song and it is hard to get away from that. And when it comes to movies, i can only seem to think of the soundtrack to that movie...Oh well, i'll keep brainstorming.

No comments:

Post a Comment